How to apply makeup as a beginner.
I know that as a beginner it can be quite confusing on what to use and how to use what to make up your face, lips, eyes, brows. I have been there done that and I can tell you, all you need is patience, and keeping a cool and open mind to get there.
Here I am going to be discussing with you on some key points to note about making up as a beginner. These points will relate to your face, eyes, brows and lips. Make sure you don’t rush it and know that you get better with time.
Before Making up
Before making up, make sure your face is clean. You should not add makeup on a dirty face. This is a bad habit and not healthy for you. Plus it might cause your makeup to be rough on your face. Your face has to be well blended for a smooth finish.
You can start by cleaning your face with face wash, or taking a bathe before making up. Make sure to your face is clean and dry before adding products on your face
The next thing to do is to add a primer on your face. The primer gives a surface on which your makeup will set on and allows your makeup to come out smooth and clean. You can do this by adding a few drops on your hand and gently and evenly rub it on your face. Extend it down to your neck since there will be products on that area too.
In case you don’t know where to get a primer or you want to buy online, You can click here to get one.
Making up your Brows
1. After applying your primer on your face, apply foundation to your face. This should be done with a few drops spread on your face. Use your foundation make up brush to facilitate the smooth application of your base or foundation onto your skin.
In case you need a foundation brush click here to get one online.
Make sure to use a foundation that is in your skin tone.
2. Drawing your eyebrow should not scare you at this beginning. You need to use a pencil brow liner to draw your brow.
In application, use the pencil to follow your natural brows. Don’t put too much product on it for the first time and put little or no product on the beginning of your brow.
3. Add the pencil product at the tail end of the brow and move towards the middle. Make sure to use a pencil with color that goes with the natural strands of hair on your brow.
In case you need a pencil eyeliner click here to get one if not you can buy at a cosmetic shop.
4. After getting the shape you desire for your eyebrow, use a concealer or a highlighter to highlight the part between your brows and your eyes. You can do this with an angled brush. The angled shape of the brush helps to fill in eyebrows in the shape of your choice.
5. After applying the concealer or high lighter, make sure you smudge the product into your skin. Blend it well with a Mac 195 brush onto your skin.
Making up your eyes.
Before making up my face I usually do my eyes and my lips so that any extra product can be removed by the concealer.
You need an eyeliner, eye shadow palette, an eye shadow brush and an eye primer
The reason you are to use an eye primer is to make your eye shadow last in place on your eye as you made it.
⦁ Prime your eyes and allow it to dry.
⦁ add concealer on the part you want to put your eye shadow on it.
⦁ Add dry powder in the shade of the concealer to make it dry
⦁ apply your eye shadow using an eye shadow brush. Start by adding a lighter shade from the outer canthus towards the inner canthus and then add deeper shades as you repeat the same action.
- At the on the Eyes then apply a lighter shadow
- Apply eyeliner. Use a black or brown pencil and apply along the rim of your upper lash line in short strokes. Try to lift your upper lid with one hand and look down into a mirror while applying The eyeliner with your other hand.
- Curl your lashes with a lash curler at the base of your upper eyelashes as you move your hand along the lid and press for five seconds.
- Apply mascara to the upper and lower lashes with the tip of the wand oriented towards the outer corner of your eye. One coat should suffice for this look.
Making up the lips
I am sure you have tried this on your own before and you have an idea on how to go about it. The first thing is to apply a lip gloss on your lip. Place your lips as if you want to give someone a deep kiss and dab the lip stick color of your choice to the center of the lower and upper lip then rub your lips together. You can decide to leave it light or add the shades of the lips to make it thicker and use a lip brush to spread the lipstick blend.
Making up the face.
Finally, you want to make up your face. Now apply your concealer on your fore head, under your eyes, From the bridge of your nose, on the chin too as shown in the photo. The concealer is used as a highlighter for your face and you should use a concealer that is two color lighter than your skin.
Apply Contour on the spots as shown in the picture. The contour helps the facial structure to come out perfect and helps to make larger nose look thinner.
Make sure to blend the contour and the concealer well into your skin using the makeup sponge or concealer and contour brushes. Blend well into your skin so you don’t go out looking like a masquerade.
After the face is well blended, apply powder on the places you are trying to highlight. I.e the places you applied concealer on. Allow the powder to set for some few minutes and the use the powder brush to wipe off the excess.
While wiping off the powder try to send the brush to the other areas of the face where the powder hasn’t touched so that the face comes out even.
In case you wish to apply bronzer or a highlighter on your face then go ahead. You can add blush as well using the blush brush.
It is particular to note that at every stage, there are certain things that you need to make up as a beginner. It is important to have the right products and have the right brush in order to make your job easier. It takes practice and patience to become better at making up. I can guarantee you that no matter how you start you can learn as quickly as you often practice and become a master at making up your face.
In case you need any of the product listed just click on the highlighted word and it will take either to the product or to the product review I made about it and from there it will lead you to the best place to get the product at your price. In case you have any question please leave it on the comment section below and I will personally attend to your needs.