Best ways to clean your makeup brushes-Cleanliness spices up Beauty
The unwillingness to wash your makeup brushes regularly can cause skin diseases which is not healthy for you. I personally enjoy my makeup brushes fresh and clean. Cleanliness is next to godliness.
Wash your makeup brushes regularly in order to avoid skin diseases caused by the bits of makeup, oil, dirt, bacteria and other pathogens trapped in the bristles of your brush over time. All these can block the pores of your brush causing galling effects on your skin.
As research has shown, keeping your brush unclean for a long period, can cause buildups on your unclean makeup brushes. This will cause them to get bad quicker and thus affect your makeup application.
Tell me, have you ever tried using your Sponge, and it just breaks and scatters all over your face, or small particles from it are left on your face as you try to blend your makeup? Annoying right? this is the part you have to avoid, because trust me it doesn’t just vexes me, it also makes my makeup look bad and have to start trying to wipe each bit of it off my face.
So by what I personally have tried, I recommend;
Quick Method: using designed brush cleaners.
If you just want something quick and easy due to your tight schedule or you really want to wash your makeup brush but you can’t really seem to make time for it because you will rather do something like watch T.V. or attend that show. Girl go for Luxe Makeup Brush Cleaner Which comes with a USB charging Station. Instantly wash and dry your makeup brushes with 3 adjustable speed bonus 5oz cleaning solution included. You can also try to use Makeup Brush Cleaner Pro Starter Kit, 8 fl oz (with tin).
It’s usually more advantageous and advisable to clean your brushing with the deep cleaning method. Scrub it off girl. So here are some ways your can do just that;
A. Using shampoo
using this method you will need the various items listed below;
- A bowl which is not very deep
- Bathroom sink
- hair shampoo or baby shampoo
- A cloth which does not have fine raveling of cotton or linen fabric since it can adhere to your brush.
How to go about it.
- The first thing to do is to run your brush under lukewarm water to get rid of the leftover makeup.
- Put your shampoo into the shallow bowl, and later add your makeup brushes into the bowl with shampoo.
- use your fingers to rub the brushes gently till it produces soapsuds and make sure you do it repeatedly to get the makeup off your brush.
- Hold your brush under warm running water, making sure no suds are left on the brush.
- Check to see that no makeup is left on the brush. This can take some few minutes.
- If there is still makeup residue found in your brush, repeat the above steps again, with patience and thoroughness.
- If no more makeup residue is found in the brush, squeeze the brush and lay it on the cloth. Ensure it is lint free. Allow it to dry.
- Try to lay the brushes away from each other, instead of on top of each other so they have a lot of space to breathe and avoids a funny odor.
- It is advisable to focus on the actual bristles and try avoiding the part of the brush where the handle meets with the head of the brush. This is because, this can loosen the glue over time.
B. The Mat way of washing your brush.
If you are a makeup artist who lots of brushes which you use on different people, or you are an individual with a lot of make up brushes which you use on yourself. Huff this can take several minutes to hours trying to wash each and brush you have.
Here is the solution a friend of mine does. She uses textured cleaning mitts and mats like the sigma Express brush Cleaning Matt. This actually safes her hours she could have spent cleaning all her brushes.
Here is the solution a friend of mine does. She uses textured cleaning mitts and mats like the Esarora Makeup Brush Cleaning Mat and 28 Holes Brush Tower Set.This actually safes her hours she could have spent cleaning all her brushes.
This mat cleaner actually has 7 kinds of screw thread design, suitable for a thorough cleaning of various facial and eye make up brushes, as well as blackening brush. It also has back suckers with strong adsorption, easy to use, and set free your hands. There is also a brush drying tower which helps protect the shape of your brush’s bristles after washing, eliminates clutter and helps organize brushes while drying.
This mat cleaner which is made of high quality perforated silicon rubber grabs the handles well and is gentle to bristle too is not for makeup brushes only but also for air drying and craft or nail art brushes.
Why it is recommended to clean your makeup brushes regularly
- Health is wealth, girl you can all the makeup in the world but if you come to have disease like folliculitis just because you couldn’t clean your brushes? it is totally wrong and unhealthy for your skin. I know you love yourself right?
- Every one hates having pimples and unclean brushes on that beautiful face can cause you to have pimples which reduces your point. You understand.
- Dirty brushes can also make your makeup not to sit well on your face, imagine sponge particles on your face while trying to blend your makeup. Isn’t that just so annoying?
- You don’t want to wear your makeup and start having facial itches or irritations. This can be caused by dirty makeup brushes.
- You want to brush to last longer. Don’t you spend money to purchase these brushes? wouldn’t it be best to enjoy it for as long as you can? Synthetic brushes are low maintenance, easy to clean and last for a longer period. Go in for good quality ones which can last from 5-10 year unlike natural bristles which are porous and needs high maintenance. Grease builds up useless if not properly washed.
More make up tips.
Avoid sharing your dirty brushes with your friends. Yes! I know it is a love your
neighbor as your self act. Don’t get me wrong, it is good to share. But, will you share something with someone that might cause harm to the person at the end of the day, If you want to share your brushes, try to always keep them clean regularly so that, you and your friend can have a great experience together.
Always love hearing from you
your feedback is so important to me. I will love to hear your opinions and worries. I love to learn from you too. So if you have any thoughts that will help me, or teach me, or make you have a better experience on this site. I will love to hear it.